Friday, December 23, 2005

EVENT-full weekend

16.12.2005-18.12.2005
After months of weekends without any content, due to work, brokeness, or lack of ideas, I finally had a weekend where I had plenty to do each day. Friday (16.12) my girlfriend's parents had bought the two of us tickets to an Andrea Bocelli concert. Yes, opera. This being my first opera concert, I had a certain predisposition towards it. But, truth be told, I really enjoyed it. Honestly, i did. My brother, on the other hand, who was working at the concert (security) did not really enjoy it. So, I am looking forward to more opera in the future. A bit at a time, of course, as to slowly make myself really enjoy it in the future too. (And the tickets are really expensive...)
The next day (Saturday 17.12.) was my girlfriend Nora's friend's birthday party. For this we as a group went to a concert by Don Johnson Big Band at Tavastia in Helsinki. I was heavily medicated so all I drank was coffee. Yes, coffee at a club. The concert itself wasn't really much. Not my kind of music, and honestly, the band looked bored on stage, forced in a way.

Finally, Sunday (18.12.), Nora and I went to the movies to watch King Kong. Some have liked it, some have hated it. Don't care what you say, I loved it. Hey, I cried for the monkey! Really good movie, though won't win the oscar for best movie. Maybe best special effects, but not the best movie of the year.

So that was last weekend, looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner and turkey sandwiches the next morning this coming weekend!!! Merry Christmas everyone!

Jani

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with going out and having coffee... especially cappucino!