Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sober Week, pt. 2

And Sober Week lasted all of 44 hours... Just some half an hour after I posted my last blog, I'm at a bar with my girlfriend and some friends, having a beer and a Crowmoor... Go figure.

It's kind of annoying that when you go to a bar/restaurant/cafe in Finland, your choices of drink are limited to coffee (2e), juice (2-4e), soda (3e), beer (4.50e), and Cider (5e). There's always water, but fuck me if I'm paying a euro for a small glass of water. Of the other choices, the juice is ridiculously overpriced, I've already had 4 cups of coffee today, and I quit drinking soda a bit over a year ago. (traveling to America this summer and drinking a gallon of Dr. Pepper each day for 2 weeks doesn't count...). What does that leave? Alcohol. And no fucking way am I paying any ridiculously insane sum for a tiny cocktail (try 15 euros for a Long Island Ice Tea, half the size of something you'd get in Budapest for 7 euros...) So, with no other options available to me, (going home didn't appeal to me at all), I enjoying a nice, cool beer. Why do I make plans and resolutions which I can never hold up for longer than a few days? Oh well, I love beer. End of story.

No comments: